Through its offerings of books, gifts, and natural toys, Meadowlark seeks to nurture and ignite the creative imagination of both the young child and the child within us all.
We strive to meet the needs of our customers in the areas of:
- carefully sourced natural toys, craft supplies, and gifts
- foundational and innovative anthroposophical research, commentary, and literature
- children, teen and adult fiction and non-fiction that both challenges and entertains
- parenting, family life and festival celebrations
Don't see what you want? Please email or call us with any inquiries or orders you may have. Or come visit our Chestnut Ridge shop!
In 2006, Meadowlark Toys was conceived by a collective of families at Green Meadow Waldorf School in Chestnut Ridge, NY to offer a local, independent retail source for toys made of natural materials and encourage creative play - in keeping with Waldorf education.
Our selection of children’s books was curated to honor similar ideals, highlighting stories to encourage children’s emotional growth and sense of wonder. Our craft books and supplies offer inspiration and natural materials for your projects. We also carry a selection of responsibly-made gifts for all ages from craftspeople around the world.
In 2010, Meadowlark merged with Sunbridge College Bookstore, incorporating Waldorf educational resources and other anthroposophical treasures that support local and visiting teachers and families.
In 2016, Meadowlark became a partner with Green Meadow Waldorf School in the "Shop-to-Give" program. A percentage of all store sales automatically go to the school. We are very happy to expand our relationships and support of all the institutions and lively activities that continuously unfold in and around the Threefold Community.
- Cash or credit card refund if items are returned in new condition within 7 days with receipt
- Store credit issued if items are returned in new condition within 30 days with receipt
- If you are a Circle of Friends member, we are able to look up your purchase history on the computer
- If you don't see something you want, please ask! We are often able to place special orders and are happy to ship them.
- We ask that you pay in advance for special orders taken in-store or via phone or email. You are, of course, welcome to return the item if necessary.
- We are able to place book orders for most titles that are in print - depending on availability it can take a day or a few weeks. Please let us know if you need something by a certain date.
- Toy, gift and home decor items have a more varied and seasonal schedule. We are happy to call or email you when an item you are interested in has arrived.
- Items may be held in-store for a maximum of 1 day. We are happy to hold items for pickup with full payment.